Monday, August 6, 2012

Generous donations help teen pay for ear implant surgery

The South Mississippi community has come through to help an 18 year old girl who longed to hear like a normal person. Ashley was born with a disorder that caused severe hearing loss, and has been wearing hearing aids since she was four. Ashley needed surgery, and family, friends, even strangers stepped forward to help make that happen. "My sister, she whispered in my ear the other day and I actually heard it. It was very clear," said Ashley. For 18-year old Ashley Sabbatini, every sound is a new experience. After living with hearing loss, the recent Biloxi High graduate can hear much better now, thanks to more than $33,000 in donations."I am so amazed by it. I didn't think I was going to get this much support from everybody," said Ashley. When asked about the first thing she heard, Ashley replied, "Myself crying and my breathing. I breathe loud." Ashley also plans to become an audiologist one day, so she can help others living with hearing problems. To read the full story, please go to http://www.wlox.com/story/19172973/generous-donations-help-teen-pay-for-ear-implant-surgery?hpt=us_bn8 Source: wolx.com

No comments:

Post a Comment