Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Man gets surgery to save sister's life

A South Florida man went under the knife to save his sister's life.

Ana Torres quickly tears up when she talks about her younger brother, Michael. "All along, I knew I was going to be fine. I just knew I was," said Torres.

The 53-year-old has been battling lymphoma for several years, and she now has the chance to say goodbye to cancer. Torres is in desperate need of a stem cell transplant. Her brother Michael is her only match. "He was a match, and I was like, I can't begin to tell you," she said.

Michael was ready to help, but doctors said at almost 450 pounds, the procedure could cost him his life.

To read the full story, please go to: http://www.wsvn.com/news/articles/local/21004510218649/#?hpt=us_bn5

1 comment:

  1. So wonderful to hear that news! We have assisted many patients with varying diseases and conditions. For some, stem cell treatment is a great option.
    www.worldmedassist.com

    ReplyDelete