Monday, February 15, 2010

Why?

Why did I start this blog?

Every day I listen to news on the radio, I watch it on TV, and I read it on the Internet. Every day I learn something new; however, it's always bad, sometimes even very bad ... wars, poverty, natural disasters, economic crises, the murder of innocent people, crime, rape, etc.
I always ask myself "why is it constantly bad news? why do not the media focus on good news as much as they do on bad news?" I tried several times to contact the media and invite them to come and write/talk about some Jews and Muslims who are getting together on a monthly basis in order to build bridges of peace and understanding; however, they never responded or they did but they were not interested. I asked myself "If I told the media about a group of terrorists who are meeting every month, would they ignore me?" I don't think so. The media has gotten used to reporting bad news and we are used to watching it. So all the good things that are going on in this world and all the good people who are working tirelessly and honestly for peace or justice or whatever, there is no one to hear and to write about them ... WOW!!
So, I decided to start my blog and call it "Good News ... ONLY" It's where I get the chance to let everyone know about the good people and good things that are going on in our world. I also felt that I've got to do this in order to give people, and I'm one of them, some positive perspective about our planet, as well as hope for a better tomorrow. I began thinking and saying to myself "Imagine if you get up in the morning and go online to read good news about a person who saved a train from an accident, or another one who donated his kidney to someone he does not know, or a group of people who are dreaming about a better future and working hard to make peace between two other groups" "Imagine reading all of that, and even more, before you leave your home to go to work or to school or just to walk ... or even if you are not leaving your home. Imagine how your day will be, and what kind of energy you will have during this day. Imagine how this might touch you and encourage you to join and do something good, too.

1 comment: